Saturday, March 24, 2012

TAKE AN IMPROV CLASS


When I watch TV newscasters, I can always tell the ones that have never worked in radio.

They are terrible ad-libbers and if there is not a teleprompter in front of them, they are lost.

Most radio personalities are far better at ad-libbing and thinking on their feet. It's what we do most of the time when we're on the air (especially morning shows).

If you aren't strong at ad-libbing and want to be better on your feet, take an improv class. They are well worth the investment.

I took one a few years ago, and not only was it really fun, I learned a lot about ad-libbing and thinking on my feet. There are some rules of doing improv that totally work on the radio (I wish more TV newscasters took these classes).

Google to see if there is an improv class in your area. If there is, sign up. You'll love it and be better on the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment